Ganpati Electricals (P) Ltd. offers a wide range of fire fighting
equipments and fire extinguisher holders. Fire is the result of a chemical
combustion reaction, typically a reaction between atmospheric oxygen and
fuel like wood, gasoline etc. after the latter has reached its ignition
temperature. In other words there are three essential elements namely
oxygen, fuel and extreme heat involved in this process. Fire extinguishers
are designed to remove at least one of these three elements so that the fire
will die out.
We advise that everyone should have at least one fire extinguisher at home
or office, but it's just as important to ensure you have the proper type of
fire extinguisher. While there is a good chance that the extinguisher will
sit on the wall for years, collecting dust, it could end up saving your
property and even your life. It should be used to extinguish or control
small fires only. It is not intended for use on an out-of-control fire, like
where there is no escape route. Before trying to put out a fire, sound the
fire alarm in the building and alert others to evacuate. Fires can escalate
quickly, so be sure help is on the way before you start using a fire
Types of Fire :
- Class A Fire: Fire fuelled by ordinary combustible materials like
paper, wood and cardboard.
- Class B Fire: Fire fuelled by flammable / combustible liquids like
gasoline, kerosene, grease and oil.
- Class C Fire: Electrical fires caused due to faulty wiring or failure
of electrical equipments.
- Class D Fire: Fire fuelled by combustible metals like Magnesium,
Potassium and Sodium etc.
- Class K Fire: Fires involving cooking oils, trans-fats, or fats in
It is important to know the exact cause of fire and material present there
that will decide the type of fire extinguisher to be used. Using the wrong
kind of fire extinguisher can actually make the fire spread faster. Since
some fires may involve a combination of these classifications, we suggest
that your fire extinguishers ideally should be of ABC rating meaning it can
control fire of A, B and C classes.
Types of Fire Extinguishers :
We supply a range of fire extinguishers which can be one of the following
types based on the type of fire extinguishing agent.
- Water or APW (air-pressurized water) Fire Extinguishers: These are
suitable for Class A fires only. Never use a water extinguisher on B and
C types of fires as these can be very dangerous.
- Dry Chemical Fire Extinguishers: They are filled with sodium
bicarbonate or potassium bicarbonate. However, there is left a corrosive
residue, which must be cleaned immediately to prevent any damage to
materials. These are good for BC fires.
- Carbon Dioxide (CO2) Fire Extinguishers: These are filled with highly
pressurized CO2 , which is a non-flammable gas. These can be used on BC
fires, but usually ineffective on class A fire.
- Foam Fire Extinguishers: These are good for AB fires, particularly
where petrol, parrafin, oil, varnishes, spirits, flammable liquids are
involved. However, these are not recommended for fires involving
- Dry Powder Fire Extinguishers: These can be used on classes AB fires.
However, when used indoors, powder can obscure vision or damage goods
- Clean Agent or Halotron Fire Extinguishers Clean agent
Halotron is discharged as a rapidly evaporating liquid and leaves no
residue. It effectively extinguishes Class A, B and electrical fires by
cooling and smothering, without conducting electricity back to the
operator. The clean agent is pressurized with nitrogen gas.
Fire extinguishers are also categorized into hand held, portable, wall
mounted, trolley mounted and automatic systems. Automatic / Modular Type
fire extinguishers get operated automatically on pre-set temperature basis.
When heat from an uncontrolled fire increases to a pre-set temperature of
the unit, the fusible link releases, discharging the extinguishing agent.
Since 80% of the most damaging fires occur during night times, week ends or
holidays when no one is around, we strongly feel that automatic operation is
the only solution for roundthe- clock protection against fire.
Colour Coding of Fire Extinguishers :
Fire Extinguisher Holders :
- Water - Red
- Foam - Cream
- Dry Powder - Blue
- Carbon Dioxide (CO2) - Black
- Halon - Green
How to Use a Fire Extinguisher? :
- Extinguisher stand
- Extinguisher trolley
- Extinguisher wall bracket
- Extinguisher transport bracket
- Extinguisher box
Fire Sand Buckets :
- Remove the locking pin
- Press the squeeze grip and the fire extinguishing agent gushes out in
less than 1-2 seconds
- Fire will be put off
- When needle on the gauge moves to red zone on the zero side,
extinguisher needs refilling
In emergency sand can be used to help smother most small fires by starving
of oxygen. A fire sand bucket or fire bucket is a steel bucket filled with
sand which is used to put out fires. Typically, fire buckets are painted
bright red and have the word 'Fire' stencilled on them in white lettering.
They are placed in prominent positions in rooms or corridors. The fire
buckets are usually made round bottom so that they cannot be used for other
purposes. Fire buckets are hung on fire bucket stands or brackets mounted on
wall. In some places they are put even on ground in a prominent area.
Fire Bucket Bracket :
These are designed for hanging a fire bucket to a wall, post or support.
Other Fire Safety Accessories :
We supply also a range of other fire fighting accessories like the
- Fire Blankets
- Fire Gloves
- Fire and Smoke Alarms, battery and mains operated
- Escape Ladders
- Fire Safety Signs / Charts like those for Fire Exit, Fire Action,
Fire Extinguishers etc.
- First Aid Kit /Box
- Caution Tape
Quality Control :
- When attempting to use a fire extinguisher, always make sure you have
easy access to an exit. If the fire begins to spread, do not attempt to
put it out yourself. Leave the building as fast as possible and wait for
the fire department.
- Never try to fight a fire if you don't know what is burning. Using
the wrong kind of fire extinguisher can actually make the fire spread
Low Price Guarantee :
- Hydraulically pressure tested
- Quality checks like drop test & performance test
- 100% hydro and leak tested
- Epoxy powder coated both internally and externally
- Undergoes series of tests
- Quality tests are strictly monitored
We make our purchases only from trusted venders at a heavily discounted
price and, therefore, we are able to offer our products at a price much
lower than from a manufacturer.