Ganpati Electrical (Pvt.) Limited is registered as Class I Electrical
Contractor and has earned a good name in its domain in the industry. We
specialize in turn-key projects and undertake all types of electrical
contracts in industries, substations, residential and commercial complexes,
banks, IT Parks, shopping malls, educational institutes, hotels and
Types of Projects We Undertake :
We are rather selective and agree only for those turn-key projects where we
feel we can deliver to the client as per his desired specification and to
his full satisfaction. Most of the projects we undertake pertain to
Substation Work, Electric Panels, Internal and External Electrification, LT
& HT Cabling and Termination, Overhead Transmission Lines, Overhead
Transmission Towers, Main and Sub-main Switch Boards, Earthing, Street
Lighting, Flood Lighting, Lighting in Parks, Instrumentation System,
Communication System, Fire Fighting System, Cable Design and Routing, Cable
Tray and Trunking, Installation & Commissioning of Diesel Sets,
Transformers and UPS Systems, Air-conditioning, Networking, Data Center
Infrastructure, and Energy Auditing, Monitoring and Conservation etc. Apart
from these we also undertake Operation and Maintenance Works for Long Term
Performance. We have all measuring and test equipments required for
inspection, calibration and testing of installations at site. Most important
is that we also liaison with Electricity Board from beginning to end stage
for satisfactory work completion.
Main Features of Our Services :
Procedure For Laying Down LT & HT Cables :
- Design and conceptualization based on customer's conceptual design
- Preparation of bill of quantities, tendering
- Preparation of detailed drawings, site set out
- Sourcing of material
- Marking and execution in accordance with design
- Obtaining finished levels
- Evaluation and submission of progress report
- Execution of planting schemes
- Total commissioning
Given below is a brief outline of approach and precautions we normally take
for laying down LT/HT cables.
Storage of Cable Drums :
Selection of Cables :
- We store the cable drums on a well drained and hard surface.
- For long terms storage these drums are covered with tarpaulin, and
both ends of cable are sealed.
- If required, we also roll these through 90o.
Safety Precautions :
- In general we prefer to use PVC/XLPE insulated and PVC sheathed
- For very high voltage (from 11KV to 33KV) we prefer cables with solid
or stranded Aluminum conductor; Copper conductor can be used only in
special applications where use of Aluminum conductor is not technically
- We prefer only those multi-core cables that are properly armoured to
prevent any kind of mechanical damage.
Cable Handling and Laying :
- Where necessary, we display a caution board indicating CAUTION -
CABLE JOINTING WORK IN PROGRESS to warn the public and traffic.
- Before starting jointing, we take all safety precautions like
isolation, discharging, earthing, display of caution board on the
controlling switchgear etc. to ensure that the cable would not be
inadvertently charged from live supply.
Cable Jointing & Termination :
- We ensure that both ends of cable are properly sealed to prevent
ingress / absorption of moisture.
- Even for short distances we roll the cable drums in the direction of
- Before we remove cable from the drum, we mount the latter properly on
jacks or cable wheels.
- Our cabling does not have sharp bends. Instead we make the bends
rounded at corners to a radius not lesser than 12 times the overall
diameter of the cable, thereby avoiding any damage to cables.
- We avoid taking risk and discard defective cables like those with
sharp bends and defective armoring etc.
- We dig separate trenches for power and control cables. But if that be
not possible for any reason, we lay first HV cables and over that the LV
cables with adequate separation.
- We lay down power and communication cables at right angles or give
clearance of minimum 60 cm.
- We always try to avoid waterlogged locations, carriage-ways,
payments, areas in proximity to telephone cables, gas and water mains,
inaccessible places etc.
- In areas where there is a chance of damage to wiring/cables, we
always provide a proper metallic protective covering.
- While cutting and stripping outer sheathing of the cable, we always
take utmost care not to allow the sharp edge of the cutting instrument
touch the inner insulation of the conductor.
Trenching & Cable Laying :
- Prior to laying down cables, we decide about ideal locations for
proposed joints. As far as possible, we try to avoid water logged
locations, carriage ways, pavements, proximity to telephone cables, gas
or water mains, inaccessible places, ducts, pipes and racks etc.
- When joints are to be done for two or more cables laid together in
the same trench, we stagger these by 2m to 3m.
- We keep the cable joints in suitable and approved cable joint boxes,
making sure that these do not allow entry of moisture. We also try to
leave about 3m long surplus cable on each side of joints.
- We give preference to heat shrinkable joints that have high
insulation at jointing ends. In any case we always ensure that there is
a solid connection between the metal conductor and terminating clip.
- Our cables are terminated on to the terminals of switchgear through
heavy duty crimping lugs of proper size.
- In order to maintain continuity of cable armouring, we use double
compression glands and proper crimping tools.
- In Aluminum cables exposed to outside atmosphere, we remove the oxide
film before jointing.
- Our trenches for cable laying are straight or with suitable
curvatures and with changes in depth gradient being gradual. These have
a minimum width of 45 cm and depth of 75 cm. Bottom of the trench is
always kept free of stones and bricks.
- When there is more than one cable in a single trench, we ensure that
these are kept at a distance.
- We give a minimum 9 cm dry sand cushion below and above the cables.
Over the topmost layer of sand cushion we put one layer of bricks as an
extra protective covering, and over that put back the excavated soil
free form stones and debris. In order to avoid chances of any water
logging, our trenches have about 10 cm hump on top with tapering on
- At entry/exit cable points into the building we pass the cables
through pipe sleeves, which are properly sealed to prevent entry of any
- Our manholes are large enough to have sufficient working space and
for feeding/drawing of cables.
- We always leave sufficient cable loop length that is a must.
Our manholes are water tight, made with first class bricks, having top slab
of RCC, concrete foundation and with cement plastering both inside and
outside and neatly finished.
Cable Trays :
We use MS cable trays that are strong enough and rust/corrosion free.
Whether these should be hot dip galvanized or painted is decided based on
location. Likewise whether to use perforated or ladder type cable trays
would depend on cable load. These cable trays are then joined together using
bends, joints, coupler plates and other accessories as may be required to
have a complete and fully functional cable tray system. Where necessary, we
give an additional coat of zinc rich paint.
Testing of Cables :
In normal dry weather we keep the Megger value at 50 Mega Ohm. Apart from
this we also conduct following tests.
- Insulation resistance test
- Continuity resistance test
- Sheathing continuity test
- Earth test (in armoured cables)
- Hi Pot test
E also test on site for insulation between phases and between phase and
earth for each length of cable, before and after jointing. After cable
laying down has been completed, we carry out following tests in presence of
Cable Tags :
- Insulation resistance test (sectional and overall)
- Continuity resistance test
- Sheathing continuity test
- Earth test
- High voltage test (only in case of HT cables)
We give proper marking to each cable in all critical places using Aluminum
cable tags of sufficient thickness and size.
Maintenance Free Chemical Earthing :
- Earthing of non-current carrying metal parts : We bind
together and provide proper earthing to all non-current carrying metal
parts like metal conduits, trunking, cable armoured switchgear,
distribution fuse boards, light fittings etc. We ensure that earthing is
in conformity with relevant Indian Electricity Rules and Indian Standard
- Earthing Conductor : Our earthing conductors are of high
conductivity Copper and protected against mechanical injury or
- Size of Earthing Conductor : We use 1.5 sq mm PVC insulated
copper wire for earthing all fixtures, fans, outlet boxes and junction
boxes. All single phase metal clad switches and distribution boards are
earthed with a 4 mm dia (6 SWG) bare Copper wire. All 3-phase switches
and distribution boards up to 60 A rating shall be earthed with 2 Nos.
distinct and independent 4 mm dia (8 SWG) bare GI wire. All switches,
bus bars, ducts and distribution boards of rating 200 A and above shall
be earthed with separate and independent 25 mm x 3 mm GI strip.
- Connection of Earthing Conductors : We take the main earthing
conductor from the earth connection at the main distribution panel to
the earth electrode with which the connection is to be made. For
distribution boards, earthing conductors are made to run from main
- Artificial Treatment of Soil : If the earth resistance is too
high and the multiple electrode earthing does not give adequate
earthing, we reduce and adjust the resistance of the soil immediately
surrounding the earth electrode by adding sodium chloride, calcium
chloride, sodium carbonate, copper sulphate, salt and soft coke or
charcoal in suitable proportions. We make sure that the earth resistance
does not exceed 1.0 ohm.
- Inter-connection of All Earths : We inter-connect all earths,
including transformer neutrals, transformer body, LT & HT Panels,
lightening protection system earths, UPS earths etc.
- Prohibited Connections : We never use water pipes, sprinkler
pipes, gas pipes, structural steel work, metallic conduits and
lightening protection system conductors as an earthling conductor.
Maintenance free chemical earthing is done strictly as per manufacturer's
recommendations. However, we try to ensure that it is of good quality,
completely maintenance free, have long life close to 25years,
environmentally safe, non-corrosive and electrically conductive. The earth
resistance should not be less than one ohm.
List of Clients :
With our honesty, sincerity and good work we have built a good clout in the
market. Our clientele includes some the leading groups like DLF Utilities
Limited, UP Jal Nigam, Spaze Towers Pvt. Ltd., Jaiprakash Associates Ltd.,
Jaypee Sports International Limited, Vedic Broadcasting Ltd., Choice
Solutions Ltd., LG Electronics India Pvt. Ltd., Freescale Semiconductor
India Pvt. Ltd., Redington India Ltd., BECIL, WIPRO, Indian Meteorological
Department (IMD) and many others. For some of these we are repeat
Why Us? :
- Our team comprises experienced and skilled technicians who have
consummate knowledge and expertise in their respective areas of
- We complete the work within designated time.
- We try to maintain our high level of excellence through continuous
- We work with clients with a keen desire to build mutual trust
- We work consistently in a manner that distinguishes us from our
- We always apply and demonstrate our planning expertise for
satisfactory execution of the project
- We deliver and provide service as per the promise made
- We hand over project to the client only when it is fully competed and
in a ready-to-use condition.
Yes! I am Interested